Asian Graduate Student Fellowships 2011
The Asia Research Institute of NUS invites applications from citizens of Asian countries enrolled for a fulltime advanced degree at a university in an Asian country (except Singapore) for consideration for the award of Asian Graduate Student Fellowships. These fellowships are offered to current graduate students doing their Master’s or PhD degrees and working in the Humanities and Social Sciences on Southeast Asian topics, and will allow the recipients to be based at NUS for an ‘in residence fellowship’ for a period of three months. The aim of the fellowship is to enable scholars to make full use of the wide range of resources held in the libraries of NUS and the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies. Scholars will be expected to commence on 3 May 2011, and to make a presentation on their work at the Singapore Graduate Forum on Southeast Asian Studies at the end of July 2011.
Successful candidates can expect the following benefits:
1) A monthly allowance of SGD1,000.
2) A monthly housing allowance of SGD250.
3) A settling-in allowance of SGD150.
4) A sum of $100 on a reimbursement basis for miscellaneous expenses
5) A one-time round trip travel subsidy by the most economical and direct route on a reimbursement basis upon being accepted for the fellowship.
6) Access to library and computer resources on campus.
Applicants are invited to e-mail/facsimile/mail their application forms (CLICK HERE), a 2-page outline of their research proposal in English (this may be accompanied by a longer statement in a Southeast Asian language) to the address below by 15 November 2010. Arrangements should also be made by which at least two letters of reference, one of which is from your principal supervisor, are sent confidentially to the same address by the same deadline.
The 2-page research proposal must include the following details:
1) Whether the data collection or fieldwork stage of the research has already been completed;
2) how the fellowship will contribute to the research;
3) the types of sources to be consulted in Singapore;
4) proposed work plan during the fellowship.
You can look forward to excellent library and internet computer facilities at NUS’ main library (http://www.lib.nus.edu.sg/), the library at the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS) (http://www.iseas.edu.sg/library.html) and the Lee Kong Chian Reference Library at the National Library (http://www.nlb.gov.sg/) to facilitate your research for the dissertation. NUS’ main library has 2 million volumes covering all topics while ISEAS’ library has 200,000 on Southeast Asian topics, half of which are in Southeast Asian languages.
Asia Research Institute
NUS Bukit Timah Campus
469A Tower Block #10-01
Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 259770
E-mail : email@example.com
Fax: 65 67791428
Untuk informasi beasiswa lebih lengkap mengenai beasiswa untuk pelajar Asia Asian Graduate Student Fellowships 2011 dari NUS (National University of Singapore), dapat Anda akses di situs resminya: http://www.ari.nus.edu.sg
Other Scholarships That Would Be Match
1. API Fellowships Program 2011
2. Singapore Fellowship Grant from Asian Civilisations Museum
3. Beasiswa Graduate Study at Abu Dhabi MASDAR Institute