The Korean Government Scholarship Program is now available and open for Indonesian graduate students through Hankuk University of Foreign Studies. For applicable fields and major please click here.
The selection process for scholars will proceed in three steps:
- Applicants must be selected by one of the following organizations: an embassy, an adoption association, or a university (including Korean embassy).
- Applicants who passed the first step must be selected by the NIIED Selection Committe.
- Applicants who passed the second step must gain admission from a university.
The duration of the scholarship is listed below:
- Master’s (01.09.2011 – 31.08.2014): 1 year of Korean language course + 2 years of Master’s
- Doctoral (01.09.2011 – 31.08.2015): 1 year of Korean language course + 3 years of Doctoral
For those who are interested, here are the application requirements:
- Download the guideline, application form, and university information at the websites of NIIED (www.niied.go.kr), GKS (www.gks.go.kr), and Korean embassy.
- The applicant and his/her parents must have foreign citizenships (who hold Korean citizenship are not qualified for this program).
- Applicants should be in good health, both mentally and physically, to stay in Korea for a long period of time.
- Applicants have to submit the Personal Medical Assessment (as included in application form) when he/she apply for this program, and then submit an Official Medical Examination Report issued in a hospital to NIIED after passing the second selection.
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2011 (born after September 1, 1971).
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of September 1, 2011.
- Minimum of GPA is at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale.